All love. Congrats to the Broncos on a job well done, and salute to Cam for doing what he had to do. Can't say that for the rest of that offense and those receivers but, my man Cam did his job. Next year my G-Men will be back at it so I'm cool regardless.
Sunday, February 7, 2016
TOMORROW: "NYPD KILLER COP" PETER LIANG IS SCHEDULED TO TESTIFY - PACK THE COURTHOUSE & DEMAND JUSTICE FOR AKAI GURLEY
TOMORROW: "NYC KILLER COP" PETER LIANG IS SCHEDULED TO TESTIFY - PACK THE COURTHOUSE & DEMAND JUSTICE FOR AKAI GURLEY
THE JURY TRIAL AGAINST NYPD "KILLER COP" PETER LIANG CONTINUES TOMORROW MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2016 IN BROOKLYN CRIMINAL COURT @ 10:00AM
Jury Trial Against Indited NYPD "Killer Cop" Peter Liang
Monday, February 8, 2016 at 10:00am but we ask folks to arrive by 9am to get through security and get settled
inside the courtroom.
Brooklyn Supreme Court, 320 Jay Street at Johnson Street/MetroTech. Pl., near Tillary Street Brooklyn, NY 11201. Court Room TBD. Case #09988-2014 Liang,
Peter <http://url.ie/yzmj> ( see Appearances tab)
Akai Gurley's family needs for all Anti-Police Terror advocate organizations and individuals to support and join
them in packing the courthouse in order make sure that the jury is not intimidated by the dozens of expected
supporters fromPat Lynch led PBA police union who will try to fill up all of the court room seats.
To demand Justice for Akai Gurley - UNARMED, shot and murdered by NYPD Officer's Peter Liang & Shaun Landau on November 20, 2014. The Brooklyn District Attorney has indicted Officer Liang, and over a year after Akai's death Peter Liang will FINALLY face a jury trial in Brooklyn.
Take the A, C, F, R, G, 2, 3, 4, 5 trains to the Jay Street/Metro Tech Station Stops
Naved Husain, Lead Organizer
55 Hester Street, New York, NY 10002
1. Trial info - As many of you know, it is *very* rare that an NYPD officer is indicted/charged for killing a civilian. It's even more rare that this results in a conviction, and there are too many instances where officers remain on the force w/no meaningful disciplinary consequences.
The trial of officer Peter Liang started 2 weeks ago on January 25th. Closing arguments are expected early next week - possibly as early as Mon/Tues. Members of the Akai Gurley organizing committee (which includes CAAAV Organizing Asian Communities & the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement) have been monitoring the trial on a daily basis. In addition to CAAAV & MXGM, other CPR members have also been to court to support Akai's family by packing the court w/Akai supporters and/or to monitor court proceedings, incl NAACP LDF, Picture the Homeless, Justice Committee and others. (You can see updates about the trial from a community perspective here: justice4akaigurley.
2. Mon 2/8, 1pm presser -- The trial is winding down next week, with the possibility of closing arguments predicted for as early as Mon 2/8 or Tuesday 2/9.
CAAAV and others are organizing a press conference of Akai's family for Mon 2/8 -- This is the day that Officer Peter Liang is expected to testify.
Please consider turning out on Mon 2/8, 1pm to support Akai's family at their presser:
- Akai Gurley family press conference
Mon 2/8, 1pm, BK Supreme Court, 320 Jay Street, BK
(This is the day that Officer Peter Liang is expected to testify. Closing arguments for the trial are currently expected to take place on Tues 2/9)
3. Other ways to support
- Help pack court w/supporters of Akai's family in final days of trial - Best
to arrive by 8:30am/9am if you'd like to be in the courtroom.
Courtroom has been packed everyday, with many supporters unable to
enter. Let the organizers know if you're bringing a group: bit.ly/
- Help uplift the #Justice4AkaiGurley effort on social media. Graphics/memes that you can used are attached (Thanks to CAAAV!)
- Main hashtags being used by the #Justice4AkaiGurley committee: #AkaiGurley #Justice4AkaiGurley #holdALLcopsaccountable
- Read and share this moving OpEd by Akai's stepfather, which ran in the Daily News yesterday: http://nydn.us/
- Stay updated
- Community updates about the trial of #PeterLiang for killing #AkaiGurley http://
- Akai Gurley family/organizing fb page: https://www.facebook.com/
- If there's other support you'd like to offer, please contact: Naved Husain <firstname.lastname@example.org> or Meejin Richart <email@example.com>
BEST OF THE BLENDS VOL 4 - THE BOURNE DJ AKA THE RETURN OF TAPE20 (SNIPERSQUAD DJ - DJ TIGER - FULLBLAST ENTERTAINMENT)Created in the Summer of '96, this Tape was made with actual Vinyl on actual turntables, blending '90s R&B and HipHop. W...
Enjoy these special Mp3 7 hour mixtapes! Volume 1 features classic 90's RNB songs from artists like Jeff Redd, SWV, Total, and Mont...
DjayTiger presents Mary J Dilla : The Future, Mary J's vocals mashed over the production of the late great J Dilla , (all songs ...
Watch the exclusive lost interview of Tupac while being incarcerated before signing to Death Row.
FREDDIE GRAY: THE CHARGES Officer Caesar R. Goodson Jr 1. Second degree depraved heart murder. Maximum sentence: 30 years 2. ...